Picking mushrooms is a wonderful fun hobby! In addition to getting out in the woods and fields, you have small goodies to bring home which can be used in all kinds of cooking, or drought.
If you are a beginner, there are some things you need to think about. Here are 5 tips on how to pick safely and an overview of 5 good fungi that are easy to recognize. Perfect for the beginner!
Pick mushroom: 5 tips for the beginner
1. Just pick mushrooms you are absolutely sure of.
2. Look out for old trees. Almost all the mushrooms are so-called mycorrhizas, meaning they live in symbiosis with plants, usually trees. The older the tree is, the greater the chance that there will be nice mushrooms nearby.
3. If you want to learn more about fungus, join a local mushroom association or train yourself by reading boos or reading articles to become a mushroom consultant
4.You can get lost while looking for mushrooms in wildlife. However, most mobile phones have GPS function, but can suddenly run out of battery or drop the connection. Therefore, always bring a compass on the journey.
5. Although rain is required for sponges, it is best to pick dry days because a lot of wet mushrooms easily stick together in the basket.
6. Always pick one sponge at a time, never several at the same time as it may conceal a spongebob among the sponges.